We had never tried rhubarb before and decided to give the red celery looking plant a try in a pie. I was blown away. How had we never heard or tried of this delicious recipe? I describe the taste of rhubarb pie as sweet and tart. Like cherry pie without the bitter medicine taste (I dislike cherry flavoring). Pair this recipe with my pie crust recipe.
4 cups chopped rhubarb
1 1/3 cups sugar
6 TBS flour
1 TBS butter
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Combine sugar and flour. Sprinkle 1/2 over pastry in pie plate.
3. Spread chopped rhubarb over flour mixture.
4. Evenly sprinkle the rest of the flour mixture over rhubarb in pie plate.
5. Place small pieces of butter on the top of this mixture and then cover with pie crust or lattice crust.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for 45 minutes.
I think it tastes best after cooling down for a little bit! Enjoy!